Thursday, January 29, 2009

Oh What a Night!!!

Oh boy did I have an eventful night!!! For just a heads up... a few days ago I locked my keys in the car when I was at work! I have only locked my keys in the car one time ever... so hopefully this isn't a new trend!!! Back to my lovely night! So earlier in the day I was busy running errands. I was in Kai's truck because it has been snowing and very cold the last few days. When I got home my arms were full of groceries, mail, etc... As I was climbing out of the truck and locked and shut it the thought of...I think I stuck the keys in my purse entered my head. I didn't think anything else of it until 6:15pm when I was on my way to puppy class with Athena! Trying to get to class early to get some more treats for the dogs, I realized that I had indeed locked the keys in the truck. I had to take my car at that point (which was out of gas!!!) So I made it to puppy class and Athena is doing great! After class I got some treats and a metal leash for Zeus. I had to get gas to even make it home...so I drove across the street to the gas station. I left everything inside except for my cell phone and one credit card. As I was filling up the gas tank I heard it... YEAH... my cute and adorable puppy Athena stepped on the door lock and all the doors instantly locked! I was officially locked out and stranded! So I called my neighbors to come and get me...but they couldn't get there for 30-40 min...I had no choice but to wait! As I waited...Athena started eating...she first dumped out my purse and ate the rest of the garlic bagel chips I had. I tried getting her to jump on the lock but she was too interested in all the treats in my car. I decided there is nothing I can do so I went inside the store and got a drink...no not a hard drink but a cherry coke... (only drank for 'special' occasions!) I also didn't bring a coat because I wasn't planning on this happening and let me tell you...it was FREEZING!!! While I was inside the puppy went crazy! She tore into the brand new chicken strips treats and ate the entire thing! A while later when I finally got back into the car...she was miserable! She curled up on the seat and just moaned! I let her out to go potty about a dozen times...then put her to bed...thinking this morning I would have a mess to clean up...but she didn't leave me any surprises! She has been lying around most of the morning and you can tell her tummy still hurts! Oh what a night is all I have to say! I'm glad I provided such great entertainment to my neighbors and also my parents... (I was talking to my mom when Athena locked the doors!) Zeus locked Kai out of the truck one time this summer! You would think I should have learned to take the keys with me when I get gas... I know now!!! Here are pictures of the fun last night!!! ENJOY at my expense! :o)


6 comments:

The Davis' said...

hahahahahaha I'm still laughing! Thank you for calling me last night and letting me join in on your stranded-ness! ;) xoxo Love you!

Anonymous said...

It is amazing how when it rains it pours. I've never been locked out of my car by my dog before - that is definitely something I've never heard before! :)

Angela said...

Oh man! That story made me laugh, but I also felt horrible laughing because I know it must've sucked for you. I love the pic of Athena against the dishwasher....she just looks so innocent and cute and you would never guess that she would do something like tear into a bag of doggie treats and eat the entire bag. Anyway, I am totally up to meeting up with you soon...I have every Weds off and I am not working Saturday again until the end of Feb. Give me a call and we can figure something out. I miss you!

Lebo Family said...

oh, that is so sad!! I would be crying. That is so frustrating. You have such a good attitude. What naughty dogs you have!! :)

Natalie said...

Oh my goodness!!!! Your life is currently like a movie!!

Josh and Sarah Coe said...

Hmmm... I think I do recall a poor stranded girl calling me to see if I could bring her an extra set of keys! Thanks for the entertainment!