Saturday, October 25, 2008

UNITED STATES ARMY!!!

So... We are embarking on another new adventure here in the Jensen household! Kai has joined the Army! Kai has always wanted to be in the military but never felt it was the right time to join until now! With the recent economy changes... he feels this is his chance. So after much thought...and me not wanting to move right now (I'm in love with this new house!) Kai has joined the ROTC through Weber State University. Which means...Kai will finish his schooling at WSU earning his Bachelors Degree (In Business and minor in Engineering) and then will enlist. So right now his priority is to finish school (only spending one weekend a month with the Army!) then after he is finished we will find out the next part of the adventure. The only part I'm nervous about is being all by myself while he is at basic training... from Dec. 30- April 17. But Zeus, Atlas (new puppy coming :o/), and I will have a strong love hate relationship! (Zeus is a total daddy's boy!) But we will change that !!! I still haven't found my camera cables so.... once I get them I will post another update! Love you all!!!

4 comments:

Meg said...

Wow!!! Good for him for doing what he's always wanted to do. I admire him for joining the army, that's a tough thing. Man, that's a long time for basic training! Maybe I'll have to come visit ;).

Angela said...

I am already planning a Kimberlee/Angela day while Kai is in basic training! I kind of feel for you because Brady is in the Navy Reserves and has to do training for one weekend per month and then an additional two weeks in the sumemer...I have never thought about getting a dog to keep me company...that isn't a bad idea.

Anonymous said...

Cool! Evan is in the Air Force and it's definitely a stable job. I don't worry at all about his job with the way the economy is going, so I'm glad you guys will be in the same boat! Deployments aren't fun, but you get through them.

Ashlee Garn said...

WOW! You are strong! T.Ray wants to join, but it freaks me out!!! If you can share that strength, I will let him join. Sounds like we need to have a roomie get together while he's gone!