Well Kai left for basic training Dec 30, 2008 to Fort Leonard Wood Missouri! The day he left I had to work at Snowbasin...which I was kind of sad about because I had to say my goodbyes in the morning! Kai left for the airport at 2:30pm and his plane left at 4:30pm. The Sgt had to take him to the airport, make sure he got on the plane, and the plane took off! (They didn't want him to run now!) When I got off work I went to my parents house for dinner and then to the gym for a workout! The nights seem to drag on for me... and I miss Kai terribly but am managing! There is a huge TO DO list that I have been trying to dwindle down but it is hard without my hubby not with me! Many lonely nights I find myself crying...but that is getting better... and the dogs are starting to listen to me! Except Athena has chewed the baseboards in the laundry room! (Time to crate train!!!) Kai called me Wed. afternoon to let me know he had made it safely! He sounded very tired! He said he was doing well and that he is still getting all set up. He will probably begin basic training this week! I don't have his address yet...but once I get any info I will post it to keep his spirits up! Thanks for your support for both Kai and myself!
Saturday, January 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Good luck! It will get easier. I cried for the first week Evan was gone and then you just get used to it. I hope you keep busy and get to talk to him often. Those two things seem to help the most.
You are one tough woman! I don't know how I would do. But if there's anyone I believe in, it's you! Call me if you need anything!
Post a Comment