Copy of his professional pictures!
Kai is doing very well! We are counting down the days till basic training graduation and I get to see him! I will be flying out March 18-22! I'm SO excited! Last Sunday Kai had a free day off the base! He had so much food, candy, and coffee....I wonder if he was able to even sleep! I was able to talk to him most of the day and we were also able to text message back and forth! It was a fun day....would be better if he was here though! Anyway... here is a letter from Kai... not the most current but one I would like to share with you all! I"M SO PROUD OF HIM!!!
My dearest Kimberlee...So this will be my last letter for a few days while we are in the field. I thought we were leaving today but its actually tomorrow morning early, so I get to write you one more letter before we go!
I got a letter from my parents last night, and it had a bunch of pictures of your Super Bowl Party, damn the food looked good! Course the best part was getting some new pictures of my beautiful wife! man is Athena big! My favorite picture was the one of you and Athena on the couch! That one is going to be on my wall locker!
So yesterday we qualified with grenades! I qualified First Class but what they are saying now I might have gotten expert! Then today we did buddy live fire, that was scary. We had to cover fire with LIVE rounds up a street and trust our battle buddy not to shoot us, that was fun (NOT!!!)
Okay...I have to let you go! I will be thinking of you constantly and I can't wait till I can call you on Sunday!
Love always....Kai Lani
Kai really doesn't like camping so he was dreading going out to the field. They were gone for a week....camping in the cold Missouri weather! But he survived....and only has to do it one more time! I'm so proud of him! He is doing great and achieving many goals and awards! YAY Kai!!!

2 comments:
Hey Bimms, when does Kai graduate basic. Whats new & exciting with you?
He sounds like he is doing good. Yay for him coming home soon!
Post a Comment