Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Update from Kai!



Well these pictures are kinda small...but oh well! So those of you who know Kai well....know he LOVES paintball! Well they had a training exercise this week in basic training with paintball guns....and by reading this letter...you will understand how much he loves paintball!!!
To my Dearest wife,
So today was fun, I was wrong about the confidence tower though it is tomorrow!, today we did 'shoot house'. Basically it is Urban Ops Squad Tactics with Paintball guns!!! Guess who whooped butt today, me!!!
So we've already gone over the basics of clearing buildings and practiced as squads and today we broke into 7 man groups and had to clear a building held by the Drill Sergeants (DS)inside. So they are already inside knowing we are coming and they have unlimited ammo while we only have one magazine. So before hand we are trying to fingure out our squad and no one wanted to be squad leader because they have to be first one in and are usually first to die so I said I'll do it, what the hell. So I have #2 kick in the door and I race into the room and it is all clear, but then the next room they are hiding in the back and start blasting at us, so I race into that room and do I have any of my squad follow me? No, they stay back and are firing through the window! So I say "What the hell!!!" and I run all the way to the back of the room real low so the DS's don't see me and leap around the corner and point my weapon at the first DS who is still shooting the other way at my squad. So I am just a few feet from him and my gun is pointed at him and he puts his hands up (drops the gun) and says " Don't shoot, you got me, I didn't even see you there. Good job private!" Then he lays down (to play dead). Then I race behind the table and come up RIGHT behind the other DS. He has no idea I am behind him until he reaches back to grab another magazine and sees me out of the corner of his eye. When he sees me I say (word for word)... "Does this mean you are dead?" with my gun about a foot away from the back of his head and he says "yeah...I am dead, good job!" Sweet diggity!... So I made TWO (count em) TWO Drill Sergeants surrender and I never fired a shot! :o) The 2nd Lietenant came from behind shot one of my squad but the other 5 were able to get him, so soon as I surrendered the second DS, they stood up and said "you got us, cease fire!" I was proud of myslef thank you very much!
So we had to run outside for final formation and it is raining and there is a kick ass lightening storm going on... made me sad because I was thinking about us laying in bed watching the lightening storms! I miss you!!!
Apparently it is supposed to rain tomorrow and turn into snow by Saturday! Just in time to make our final PT test suck! And if it is raining tomorrow, we are supposed to rappel down a 40ft tower! Missouri sucks really bad you know it? Well you will soon enough experience it when you come to see me! :o)
So not really much else has happened since my letter to you yesterday but I wanted to write you again just cause it makes me happy! But I love you so much and I am looking forward to hopefully calling you on Sunday!
PS... I AM THE PAINTBALL CHAMPION!!!


I can picture Kai talking and telling me about this! He writes such good letters! I'm glad that he is finially having a little bit of fun! He has been looking forward to this paintball exercise since first hearing about the first week of basic training! I'm glad he did so well... does scare me a little about what this training is all about... but he did join the ARMY afterall to protect his country so I just need to not worry about it!!! I love you sweetie!

3 comments:

Ashlee Garn said...

I LOVE IT!!! Get's me all pumped up to hear stories like that! I'm glad he kicked butt! HECK YES KAI! Way to go!

Josh and Sarah Coe said...

That is so awesome! Finally he got to do something he likes and kick butt while doing it! His letters are definitely good and decriptive.

The Davis' said...

I miss Kai Lani! I can imagine him with that "special" package too! :) hahaha I'm seriously still cracking up about it! :) xoxox