I just have to share a little story Kai told me about! He is such a sweet guy!
So this one guy in my bay failed his PT test and has to do the retake tomorrow. He's this big black guy from Ohio who is kinda "gangsta" type you would expect, except that he is here for all the right reasons. He didn't want to ruin his life or e a bad example for his son and nephews and he's barely 21. Even though he is young, he's one of the few guys I can have an adult conversation because he is more mature than a lot of these other guys.
Back to his PT test, he only failed his run and I didn't think anything of it but he was just standing over by the window and I went to talk to him and he is near tears because he's so scared of failing his test again and getting 'new started'. So I was trying to give him advice on how to pace himself and not to walk at all. So now I am thinking I want to see if I can go on the run with him and just try to help pace him so he can come in on time. I don't know if the DS will let me though...but we'll have to see.
I got another letter finishing this...but I can't seem to find it right now! Anyway... the DS let Kai run it again (even though Kai already passed his PT test with flying colors). Kai just wanted to help his battle buddy out. So Kai says he helped pace the kid....and the last half mile Kai said he was yelling at him to pick it up and run the last part. He finished with 5 seconds to spare! Kai says after the race the kid was exhausted and crying...but was so thankful Kai had helped and paced him. I am so proud of my husband! He is so thoughtful...always wanting to make sure everybody succeeds! I'm missing him so much right now...good thing I get to see him next week!!! Once again thank you for all your support. Kai's address will be changing so this will probably be the last week he will be getting letters at this address! Love you all....
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
I have such a wonderful husband!!!
Posted by Kai and Kimberlee at 4:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That is such a good story! Way to be a friend Kai! I feel bad that I haven't sent him anything out there. It's been a rough past little bit though. I'm glad that he's coming home to you soon!
That is awesome, Kai is great! That is an inspirational story you would see on tv or something!
Post a Comment