Wednesday, June 17, 2009

SWINE FLU!!!

SERIOUSLLY????!!!?!? I know the Swine flu is now a pandemic....but seriouslly!? I'm not afraid of it! There isn't any treatment for it...and the regular influenza has taken SO MANY more lives just since the beginning of the year! Everybody just wash your hands, cover your mouth when you cough, stay home if you are sick, etc.....
Anyway... At one of my jobs, we were all fitted for a special mask. I just had to wear this spiffy cap to get tested in! So what they did was they sprayed this yucky stuff into the hood and I had to tell them when I could taste it. Then I had to put on my mask...looks just like a regular mask but you can't really breathe with it on. So next they spray more and more and more and a little more of the yucky stuff while I talk, turn my head from side to side, bend over, etc.... It was a BLAST! And the good news is... The mask was successful for keeping the stuff out.... So if the SWINE FLU gets even worse...I can come in and help! Don't worry...I must carry the mask with me at all times! :) I look so excited (or tired!!...this was the day Kai got home and I only had 2 hours of sleep!!!)

3 comments:

Josh and Kensey said...

you weren't kidding when you said that your mask was huge!!!

Ashlee Garn said...

That mask is a FASHION statement! You should wear it ALL the time :)

Cute Family said...

I love it! You could totally wear that as a Halloween costume!